Accommodations for Those Who Love
Chinati Hot Springs, based out of Ruidosa, TX, has been a refreshing oasis for travelers to the Chihuahuan desert for years. (We are not in Marfa.)
Visitors from both sides of the border have enjoyed the warm mineral springs since before there was a border! Over the years, the springs have traded hands.
The property was owned by minimalist sculptor Donald Judd, and later bought and operated as a non-profit entity. The current owner, a Texan, has invested the necessary resources to turn the springs into an international destination.
Chinati Hot Springs has been under the current management for more than 10 years. Our returning guests who visited the springs even ten years ago will notice a remarkable difference.
The term "desert cabin" might evoke images of discomfort, sweltering heat, and scorpions. However, getting away from it all does not necessarily entail sacrificing comfort!
Chinati Hot Springs combines spartan comfort with amenities sure to make your stay memorable.
- Community kitchen with modern appliances
- Outdoor hot and cool pools (seasonal)
- Coffee Maker and Mini-refrigerators in every room
- A/C and Heat in every room
- Outdoor Propane and Charcoal Grills
- There is no Wi-Fi or Cell Service (most of our visitors love that fact.)
- Guests will need to bring their own food, drinks, charcoal, and supplies. The general store is no longer open. If you forget anything, the nearest store is in Presidio, about an hour away.
- DO NOT bring an electric vehicle. Our power lines will not handle the extra load of charging.
- Our cabins are not handicap accessible.